Tuesday 20 October 2015

‘My wife is having affairs with many men’

• She detests her step children, she does not give them food and she once poured hot water on my first son and also beat my second son to stupor-Husband —Wife

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos has dissolved a six-year marriage over heavy drinking habit and adultery. The President of the court, Mr Rasak Adeyeri, said all efforts to reconcile Samuel Ajibode, a businessman, and his wife, Rebecca, had proved futile. He said the court had no option than to dissolve the union for them to go their separate ways.

“Both parties are no longer husband and wife, they are free to go their separate ways,” Adeyeri ruled. The petitioner, Samuel Ajibode (53), had filed a suit seeking the dissolution of the marriage over the wife’s infidelity and excessive alcoholic consumption. He told the court that his wife was promiscuous and in the habit of cheating him. “My wife is having affair with many men, I saw her enter into a house with a man hugging and kissing. 

“But, she is now accusing and fighting my first son for telling me that she is dating the man,” he stated. Ajibode described Rebecca as a drunkard, saying she often gave alcohol to the son to drink and both would start misbehaving after. He accused Rebecca of always maltreating her stepchildren. “Rebecca detests her step children, she does not give them food and she once poured hot water on my first son and also beat my second son to stupor.” He said Rebecca was a troublesome woman and that due to this, “I had to leave the house for her and moved to my brother’s house”. The petitioner said Rebecca also colluded with his tenant, a herbalist, to sell his house. “That day, I saw three people in my compound inspecting the environment. I accosted them and asked them what they were doing in my compound

0 comments: