Saturday 29 August 2015

Playing vampire was scary for me —Oge Okoye

Oge Okoye is one of Nollywood’s biggest actresses. was took her up and they spoke about her career and the pros and cons of her being in Nollywood.
Why did you become an actress and not a nurse or engineer?
Oh my God! This is like me asking you why you chose your profession as a journalist. But that notwithstanding, acting is my calling and it’s a part of my life that I reflect so much in. Thinking back to childhood, I’ve always desired to be an actress whereby I will be like a voice to the viewers and at the same time they will be entertained.
Have you achieved what you wanted to that made you become an actress?
Well, yes, by becoming an actress, but at the same time, I’m not totally fulfilled because there’s so much still not done yet and I’m yet to attain that greater height of accomplishment. In all, I’m thankful to God.
How many movies have you done overall?
Wow! Honestly, I’ve lost count of the number of movies I’ve featured in.
Tell us your most memorable role.
My most memorable role is where I took up the character of a vampire. It was scary for me but at the same time enjoyable. And the most challenging? For me, all my movies, in their different characterisations, are all challenging.
Why is it that entertainers are never able to take care of themselves when they have health challenges?
Well, I don’t think that sort of question should be directed to me because I don’t get what you’re driving at.
What do you like most about Nollywood?
What I like most about our large family is that Nollywood is a strong voice to the world showing the different lives of different people and different things happening in the world. A strong voice it is indeed.
What do you hate most about it?
Sometimes the negative criticism and judgmental attitude towards us.
What is your advice to upcoming actresses?

My candid advice, as I always say, is that they should always follow their heart and passion of being an actress to achieve whatever and everything they want. It’s about being focused, working hard, making sure they are worth their salt. Never envy anyone, be yourself and make good use of your potentials. Practice makes perfect. For me, I never knew the ups and down of being an actor but I got into it and I developed myself professionally. It’s not a bed of roses but always have passion and love for it and the rest will be history.

0 comments: