Monday 8 July 2013

Taye Taiwo has completed his move to Turkish side Bursaspor

Out-of-favour Nigeria defender Taye Taiwo has completed his move to Turkish side Bursaspor from AC Milan.
Taiwo, who played on loan at Ukrainian club Dynamo Kiev last season, passed a medical before finalising his three-year contract on Saturday.
The 28-year-old joined Milan from Marseille in the summer of 2011, but struggled for a regular first-team place, spending the second half of that season on loan at Premier League club QPR.
After being frozen out in Italy, the left-back has opted to part ways with the Italian giants, by sealing a permanent move elsewhere.
 “The national team is something that is clearly out of my hands, it’s up to the Nigerian coach”
“I’ve joined a club with a massive fan base, something only comparable to the passionate Marseille fans,” Taiwo told BBC Sport.
“The fans gave me an unbelievable welcome. I am happy and excited to have joined Bursaspor.
“I always want to play football and if that opportunity is not available then I need to look elsewhere.”
“I’m very ambitious as a player and this club is going in that direction as well.
“I hope to win trophies here and hopefully help the club to glory in all the competitions we play in.”
Taiwo will be hoping his stint at Dynamo Kiev and a switch to Bursaspor will be enough to earn him an international recall.
He won the last of his 59 caps for Nigeria in a 0-0 Nations Cup qualifying draw to Rwanda in February 2012.
“My immediate target is to settle down here, give my best and achieve a collective success with the club,” Taiwo said.
“The national team is something that is clearly out of my hands, it’s up to the Nigerian coach.
“I think I did well in Ukraine and maybe my performance here will influence another opportunity.
“But I have to respect the coach’s decision and concentrate on doing well for my club.”

source: PUNCH

0 comments: